Business English Lesson – Preparing for an English Job Interview
This lesson will go through the steps and things to do to prepare for an English job interview
Preparation for job interview
- Understand your skills, personality traits and where or how you obtained or developed them (prove).
- Go through all your jobs, including part time jobs, all your extracurricular activities and list all the duties (things you did to do the job).
- What skills did you need to do the duties
- What accomplishments did you have and how would you explain them? (show)
- How can you show or prove you have the skills and personality traits
- Prepare answers to the expected questions. Research on the internet for questions
- Research the company to understand their corporate culture, their products, and why you want to work for them
- Practice answering the questions – video and review your answers
- Conduct a mock interview – have a friend ask you the questions
The above steps should give you an idea of what you need to do to prepare for a job interview. The full Business English Job Interview course will take you through all these steps in the preparation section of the course.
You can see the English Job Interview Business English course description at https://johns-online-english.com/english-for-job-interviews/