This writing course will improve your business writing and you will write what you want to write in your business letters and emails.
Things you will achieve:
- Your writing will become clearer
- You will be more easily understood
- Your clients will have more respect for your letters and emails
- You will have fewer communication problems
- You will be more confident in your own writing, and it will become easier
We will analyse the grammar and sentence structure in your writing:
- We will do by looking at previous writing examples
- Do writing exercises in class
- We will look at common errors such as:
- Use of gerunds and to plus infinitives
- Run on sentences
- Sentence fragments
- Subject verb agreement, etc.
We will look at the process to use and the organization of your letters and emails
- Think about what you will write
- Put the ideas into an outline
- We will use a standard three part organization for writing
- The first part is where you give some information about yourself and your organization (if needed), and why you are writing
- The next part is where give information, answer or ask questions, etc.
- The last section includes the next steps and a polite ending
- For each section of the email or letter and for each letter type we will review some useful phrases and sentences
There will be lots of practical experience writing different types of business letters and emails as well as responding to the different types of correspondence.
Before starting the course or even making a decision we would first have a meeting between us in the classroom (there is no charge for this meeting). You can see what the classroom is like, meet the teacher, and tell the teacher what you want to learn. The teacher might ask you questions about your English needs and assess your English level. After this you can decide upon the course to take, how many hours to take, and then pay for your course. We hope to see you in our Business Correspondence courses.